On Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 11:13:21AM +0100, Rob Stradling wrote:
> On 04/10/16 07:10, Gervase Markham wrote:
> <snip>
> >> [4] https://crt.sh/?cablint=1+week
> >
> > This URL is a 404.
>
> Sorry, crt.sh is a bit under the weather right now.  Someone submitted a
> batch of several million certs to the Google CT logs, and this has
> rather overwhelmed the replication between crt.sh's master DB and slave
> DBs.  The slaves are still catching up at the moment.
>
> crt.sh queries are occasionally killed off due to some DB replication
> issues that I don't yet fully understand.  Unfortunately, the current
> backlog has exacerbated this problem, hence the high number of 404s.
>
> crt.sh should be fighting fit again soon though.  :-)
>
> > Are you simply saying that cablint alerted you to the error?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Does Comodo run cablint over all certificates post-issuance (or
> > pre-issuance)?
>
> Neither.  I'd like to run cablint over all certs pre-issuance, but
> unfortunately it's not practical to do this yet because 1) cablint is
> too slow and 2) there are some differences of opinion that have been
> discussed at CABForum but not yet resolved.

I guess you don't have the same slowness with x509lint, but that:
- It doesn't cover all the same things
- It might also still give errors about things that CABForum needs
  to resolve.

But I guess it should be easy enough for you to ignore some of the
errors (or warnings).

I do intend to make it check more things, but activity really
comes in bursts.

Kurt