On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 01:08:49AM +0000, Richard Wang via dev-security-policy
wrote:
> I think "apple-id-2.com" is a high risk domain that must be blocked to issue
> DV SSL to those domains.

Why?

> Here is the list of some high risk domains related to Microsoft and Google
> that Let's Encrypt issued DV SSL certificates to those domains:
> https://crt.sh/?id=77034583  for microsoftonline.us.com, a fake Office 365
> login site
> https://crt.sh/?id=71789336  for mail.google-androids.ru
> https://crt.sh/?id=82075006  for marketgoogle.xyz
> https://crt.sh/?id=65208905  for google.ligboy.org

... and?  Issuance of a certificate (even EV) doesn't imply endorsement or an
attestation of anything other than "something has been done to verify
identity".  It is a means of providing *communication security* only,
attempts by the marketing departments of certain CAs to fradulently imply
otherwise notwithstanding.

- Matt