On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Gervase Markham via
dev-security-policy <dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:
> The URL for the draft of the next CA Communication is here:
> https://mozilla-mozillacaprogram.cs54.force.com/Communications/CACommunicationSurveySample?CACommunicationId=a050S000000G3K2
>
> Note that this is a _draft_ - the form parts will not work, and no CA
> should attempt to use this URL or the form to send in any responses.
>
> Please provide feedback in this group on whether the questions and
> actions are clear, whether they are appropriate, and whether anything
> else should or could be added.
>
> Some of these items are effectively new policy (such as the requirement
> to rev CP/CPS version numbers at least yearly); if they survive
> unscathed, we will update the policy doc to include them.

"+ Friendly name and SHA1 or SHA256 fingerprint of each root
certificate and intermediate certificate covered by the audit scope "

I think you unintentionally have this backwards.  Certificates in
scope for audits are those _issued_ by the CA being audited.  So if
ExampleCA issues a CA certificate naming ContosoCA as the subject,
then that certificate is in scope for Example CA but not for
ContosoCA.

I would also avoid the term "Friendly name" unless you define it, as
that is the name of Microsoft trust list attribute which does not
necessarily match anything in the certificate; for example one entry
in the Microsoft list is for a CA with1 distinguished name of
"CN=Class 1 Primary CA,O=Certplus,C=FR" and friendly name of "WoSign
1999".

I would replace this with:

+ Distinguished name and SHA-256 hash of the SubjectPublicKeyInfo of
each certificate issuer covered by the audit scope
+ Clear indication of which in-scope certificate issuers are Root CAs

Thanks,
Peter