The revised example is not entirely what I had in mind (more on that in a
minute) but as written now is mostly OK by me. I do have a question as to
whether the public discussion as mentioned must take place before the actual
transfer? In other words, will Mozilla require that whatever entity is trying
to purchase the root must be fully admitted into the root program before the
transfer takes place?

Also, let me state that I did not intend to besmirch the names of either HARICA
or WoSign and I appreciate their indulging my use of their names in what turned
out to be a sloppy illustration. Based on my review of HARICA's CPS some months
ago, I was left with the impression of them as a tightly-focused ‎organization
that, by all appearances, is well-run. And that was the image I had mind and
had hoped to convey in using their name. By mentioning WoSign I was really
thinking of only the state of their reputation at the moment--and I think it's
fair to say it's been tarnished? The reasons for WoSign being in the position
they are in were totally irrelevant to what I had in mind.

So what was my point? In essence, I wanted to suggest that not every company
seeking to purchase a root from another company will necessarily have good
intentions and even if they do, their intentions might not be in the interest
of the public good. I think it's important to at least acknowledge that
possibility and try to have policies in place that encourage the good and limit
the bad.

I don't know if people are on board with this notion or if some hypothetical
scenarios are needed at this point? For now I'll just pause and let others
either ask or comment away.