Issue N: Premature Manual Signing Using SHA-1 (July 2016)

This matter represents the first time any CA attempted to follow the exception
process which was developed over the course of weeks, beginning at the Bilbao
CABF face-to-face meeting in May 2016, and with the input of our partners.
Google initially proposed this exception process, which was later modified
following input from other CABF members. Our internal process did not clearly
specify to our PKI Operations team to stop at the point of TBS creation, which
subsequently resulted in the creation of signed certificates instead of TBS
Certificates. Importantly, our audit process promptly identified the error, and
Symantec never released the certificates. We also promptly improved our
internal process.