On 11/04/17 16:23, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> The audits mention the CP/CPS has been evaluated as part of the scope of
> the audit.

Yep, OK.

> The CP/CPS mentions the issuance of TLS certificates as part of the
> hierarchy. For example,
>
> "E-Sign provides its services in accordance with its Certificate Policy and
> Certification Practices Statement"

E-Sign's CPS URL is given in its audit statement as:
https://www.e-sign.cl/uploads/cps_esign_388.pdf

Grepping that document for "TLS" gives no hits. Can you help me some more?

E-sign appear to be a Symantec SSL reseller:
https://www.e-sign.cl/soluciones/seguridad
but of course, I'm sure many companies are, and that's not necessarily a
problem.

MSC Trustgate's audit statement gives no CPS URL.
https://cert.webtrust.org/SealFile?seal=2127&file=pdf

However, it certainly appears to be true that this company offers a
"Managed PKI for SSL" product:
https://www.msctrustgate.com/pdf/ManagedPKIforSSL_Agreement.pdf
and that they offer "VeriSign Class 3 organizational SSL Certificate"s,
and lets organizations apply for RA status within the Verisign Trust
Network.
The modification date of that document according to the webserver is
15th March 2012.

https://www.msctrustgate.com/product/ssl_id.htm also shows this.

They also have a Subscriber Agreement for SSL certificates:
https://www.msctrustgate.com/pdf/Class%203%20Organizational%20Certificate%20latest%20pdf.pdf
which are also "Symantec Class 3 organizational SSL Certificate"s.

The "Buy", "Renew" etc. links on the front page of
https://www.msctrustgate.com/ for SSL certs are all 404. According to
archive.org, they may have been that way for some time. Odd...

Steve?

Gerv