Hi everyone,

On Friday at 1:00 pm, we accidently introduced a bug into our issuance
system that resulted in five serverAuth-code signing certificates that did
not comply with the Baseline Requirements.  The change modified a handful of
code signing certificates into a pseudo- SSL profile. Because they were
intended to be code signing certificates, the certificates issued off a
code-signing intermediate (with code-signing as the sole EKU). The
certificates contain a servauth EKU despite the intermediate's EKU
restriction. The certificates also lack a domain name. Instead, the CN and
dNSName include the code signing applicant's name.  Because the certs lack a
domain name and there is an EKU mismatch between the issuer and end entity
certs, the certs can't be misused.

Our systems detected the issue shortly after the change. We corrected the
code, and revoked the certificates. We already scanned our entire
certificate database to ensure these are only the certificates affected by
the bug.

The certificates in question are:

* 02CD2F16F3CA4FCC7378C917FFD5F6A0

* 09A88902AF0698841167E814DB8B3FB8

* 0D7C350D52821BFD2326270B9215DCE5

* 0356D3A74CFA29BB5E65569E0532F134

* 089FBE93D335ADB8BDFCDCF492083B68

The bug was introduced, ironically, in code we deployed to detect potential
errors in cert profiles. This error caused the specified code signing
certificates to think they needed dNSnames and serverAuth. Let me know if
you have questions.

Thanks,

Jeremy