Hi Gerv--

Is Mozilla willing to consider a simpler approach in this matter? For example, it seems that much of the complexity of the Google/Symantec proposal stems from this new PKI idea. I think Mozilla could obtain a satisfactory outcome without it.

From: Gervase Markham via dev-security-policy
Sent: Friday, June 2, 2017 9:54 AM
To: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Reply To: Gervase Markham
Subject: Symantec response to Google proposal

https://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/symantec-s-response-google-s-subca-proposal

Symantec have responded to the Google proposal (which Mozilla has
endorsed as the basis for further discussion) with a set of inline
comments which raise some objections to what is proposed.

Google will, no doubt, be evaluating these requests for change and
deciding to accept, or not, each of them. But Mozilla can make our own
independent decisions on these points if we choose. If Google and
Mozilla accept a change, it is accepted. If Google accepts it but we
decline to accept, we can add it to our list of additional requirements
for Symantec instead.

Therefore, I would appreciate the community's careful consideration of
the reasonableness of Symantec's requests for change to the proposal.

Gerv