> On Jun 8, 2017, at 20:43, Ben Wilson via dev-security-policy
> <dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:
>
> I don't believe that disclosure of root certificates is the responsibility
> of a CA that has cross-certified a key.  For instance, the CCADB interface
> talks in terms of "Intermediate CAs".  Root CAs are the responsibility of
> browsers to upload.  I don't even have access to upload a "root"
> certificate.

I think the Mozilla Root Store policy is pretty clear on this point:

> All certificates that are capable of being used to issue new certificates,
> and which directly or transitively chain to a certificate included in
> Mozilla’s CA Certificate Program, MUST be operated in accordance with this
> policy and MUST either be technically constrained or be publicly disclosed
> and audited.

The self-signed certificates in the present set are all in scope for the
disclosure policy because they are capable of being used to issue new
certificates and chain to a certificate included in Mozilla’s CA Certificate
Program. From the perspective of the Mozilla root store they look like
intermediates because they can be used as intermediates in a valid path to a
root certificate trusted by Mozilla.

Jonathan