On 6/20/17, mfisch--- via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:
> On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 7:37:23 PM UTC-4, Matt Palmer wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 08:17:07AM -0700, troy.fridley--- via
>> dev-security-policy wrote:
>> > If you should find such an issue again in a Cisco owned domain, please
>> > report it to ps...@cisco.com and we will ensure that prompt and proper
>> > actions are taken.
>>
>> I don't know, this way seems to have worked Just Fine.
>>
>> - Matt
>
> Does no-one else see the lack of responsible disclosure in this thread
> distressing?

Nope.  The first requirement for "responsible disclosure" is knowing
you're disclosing something.  Take a look at the original msg:
-- I wasn't entirely sure whether this is considered a key compromise. I asked
-- Hanno Böck on Twitter (https://twitter.com/koenrh/status/873869275529957376
-- <https://twitter.com/koenrh/status/873869275529957376>), and he advised me to
-- post the matter to this mailing list.
     <.. snip ..>
-- If this is indeed considered a key compromise, where do I go from
here, and what
-- are the recommended steps to take?

If you want to argue that I should have replied with something about
sending the info to ps...@cisco.com instead of just forwarding the 1st
two messages in the thread to them.. yeah, maybe I should have done it
that way.

> Instead -- this was posted to a public forum giving many thousands of people
> the opportunity to chain a vector attack against Cisco CCO IDs (which in
> some cases might lead to customer network compromise).

I'm curious - how does one use a cert for drmlocal.cisco.com to chain
a vector attack against Cisco CCO IDs?

Regards,
Lee