-----Original Message-----
From: dev-security-policy
[mailto:dev-security-policy-bounces+jeremy.rowley=digicert.com@lists.mozilla
.org] On Behalf Of Nick Lamb via dev-security-policy
Sent: Monday, July 3, 2017 3:22 PM
To: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: DigiCert policy violation - non-disclosure of
https://crt.sh/?id=160110886

On Monday, 3 July 2017 22:00:00 UTC+1, Jeremy Rowley  wrote:
> Link please to a formal definition? As your email alleges a policy
violation by one a cross-signed CAs, we take the investigation and response
very seriously. I'd like to know the basis for the definition before
formulating an official report and potentially penalizing the Sub CA for
non-compliance.

You're asking for a "formal definition" of the word transitively. A word
which was in a policy you have previously accepted without comment, but NOW
you assert you aren't sure what it means. Transitivity is a normal concept
of mathematics and logic, its meaning here seems pretty transparent to me,
it's something we introduce (albeit not with trying to process cyclic
graphs) to secondary school children as part of their normal background in
arithmetic.

Was this policy, which you apparently didn't understand, passed without
comment to the affected Sub CA? Or did you figure that despite not
understanding what it meant you'd be able to somehow implement it?