On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Tom .  wrote:

> On 27 June 2017 at 11:44, Alex Gaynor wrote:
> > I'll take the opposite side: let's disallow it before it's use expands
> :-)
>
> But is that what we're talking about? I didn't think the question was
> "Should we remove P-521 code from NSS" it's "Should we permit CAs to
> use P-521?"

Note: Forbidding P-521 by policy likely wouldn't prompt us to disable or
remove any code from NSS in any quick fashion; that curve is one of those
exported to WebCrypto, and we'd need to be sure we weren't breaking things
by pulling it from there.  Given the low usage of ECDH/ECDSA and the lack
of compatibility in Chrome, probably not, but we'd want to at least check.

-J.C.
  • P-521 Gervase Markham via dev-security-policy
    • Re: P-521 Kurt Roeckx via dev-security-policy
    • Re: P-521 Gervase Markham via dev-security-policy
      • Re: P-521 Kurt Roeckx via dev-security-policy
        • Re: P-521 Alex Gaynor via dev-security-policy
          • Re: P-521 Tom . via dev-security-policy
            • Re: P-5... J.C. Jones via dev-security-policy
          • Re: [FORGED]... Peter Gutmann via dev-security-policy
          • Re: P-521 Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
            • RE: P-5... Arkadiusz Ławniczak via dev-security-policy
              • FW:... Arkadiusz Ławniczak via dev-security-policy
              • Re:... Gervase Markham via dev-security-policy