On 07/09/17 00:41, Ben Wilson wrote:
> We immediately contacted the operators of the issuing CAs and
> requested that they replace their OCSP responder certificates with
> ones signed with SHA2, and most have done so.  However, in drafting
> this post I reviewed the Baseline Requirements, section 7.1.3, which
> I think is ambiguous and allows SHA1 OCSP Responder Certificates in
> some situations.  It says, “Effective 1 January 2016, CAs MUST NOT
> issue any new Subscriber certificates or Subordinate CA certificates
> using the SHA-1 hash algorithm. CAs MAY continue to sign certificates
> to verify OCSP responses using SHA1 until 1 January 2017.

I interpret that as saying that if your OCSP responder's signing
certificate was created before 1 January 2017, and was signed using
SHA-1, you can keep using it until it expires.

However, note that Mozilla policy has some additional requirements in
this area, notably that SHA-1 certs used to sign OCSP responses must be
technically constrained to be only used for OCSP signing.

Gerv