Well, we are checking CAA and DNSSEC per our implementation. Looks great on our
side and against our tests.  Some individuals disagree though.

From: Ryan Sleevi [mailto:r...@sleevi.com]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 3:42 PM
To: Jeremy Rowley <jeremy.row...@digicert.com>; Jonathan Rudenberg
<jonat...@titanous.com>
Cc: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: CAA Certificate Problem Report

That seems like very poor logic and justification.

Given that CAA and DNSSEC has been discussed in the CA/Browser Forum for
literally years now, perhaps it's worth asking why CAs are only now discovering
issues. That is, is the only reason we're discovering issues because CAs waited
for the last possible moment? If so, why.

Because they didn't write test suites? If not, why not? If so, what were they?

I think arguments that suggest that failing to do the right thing makes it OK
to do the wrong thing are the worst arguments to make :)

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 2:28 PM Jeremy Rowley via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org
<mailto:dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> > wrote:

I would support that.  I can't recall why it's in there.