Right, but both Ian and James' research show that it's an unreliable
guarantee for those attacks - you may be relying on it, but it's not safe
for it.

Further, the costs to support your use case - well-intentioned but perhaps
not aligning with the pragmatic reality - affect users who don't do so or
aren't conditioned, by adding further confusion into the nuances of
jurisdictional incorporation.

So if it doesn't meet your intended use case / you're relying on a placebo,
and it harms others, perhaps the UI treatment should go away :)

Note, my focus in all of this discussion has been about the expression of
UI surface in the security-critical section of a browser, and specifically,
asked for Mozillans to comment on their plans (which, of course, had
everyone but them commenting). There may still be value in
EV-as-a-validation, but EV as a phishing mitigation - your scam emails or
such - are not solved by EV. Technically or via validation.