I'm saying that even 'rarely' is presumptive - that is, that the lack of
public evidence is equivalent to a lack of occurrence.

As to sharing examples, it presumes that the point of discussion is whether
EV is an effective mitigator of phishing, which is a logically flawed
viewpoint assuming correlation, if any, is equivalent to causation, or that
the correlation is meaningfully significant for the discussion of security.

If the concern is phishing, we know more effective mitigators exist - both
in terms of technology and user experience - so the continued focus on
certificates, particularly EV, whether as a primary or a 'boots and
suspenders' approach to mitigation is misguided.

If the concern is fraud, then we already have the existence proof to show
the fundamental flaw in assuming a fraud mitigation. An exploit doesn't
have to be used in the wild for it to be an exploit. Although that is
itself its own topic of discussion - how vendors approach exploits.

Regardless, it can be categorically stated that it does not prevent fraud