On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 8:46 PM, Ryan Hurst via dev-security-policy <

> On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 6:10:00 PM UTC-8, Matt Palmer wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 02:52:54PM +0000, Doug Beattie via
> dev-security-policy wrote:
> > > I’d like to follow up on our investigation and provide the community
> with some more information about how we use Method 9.
> > >
> > > 1)      Client requests a test certificate for a domain (only one FQDN)
> >
> > Does this test certificate chain to a publicly-trusted root?  If so, on
> what
> > basis are you issuing a publicly-trusted certificate for a name which
> > doesn't appear to have been domain-control validated?  If not, doesn't
> this
> > test certificate break the customer's SSL validation for the period the
> > certificate is installed, while you do the validation?
> >
> > - Matt
>
> The certificate comes from a private PKI, not public one.

Matt: The Baseline Requirements provide a definition of Test Certificate
that applies to 3.2.2.4.9 that already addresses your concerns:

Test Certificate: A Certificate with a maximum validity period of 30 days
and which: (i) includes a critical
extension with the specified Test Certificate CABF OID (2.23.140.2.1), or
(ii) is issued under a CA where there
are no certificate paths/chains to a root certificate subject to these
Requirements.

Ryan: I think it'd be good to let GlobalSign answer, or, if the answer is
available publicly, to point them out. This hopefully helps avoid confusion
:)