Sleevi,

Valid point, no intention to confuse, I have no current affiliation with
GlobalSign, though I once did.

The documentation that described the protocol seems to no longer be online,
the behavior is observable and has been discussed in the validation working
group within the CABFORUM so it is not a secret.

Ryan