On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 12:35:47 AM UTC-8, Hector Martin 'marcan'
wrote:
> Would it make sense to effectively allow "self-service" whitelisting by
> using a DNS TXT record?

We discussed a similar approach (using CAA) on our community forum, and
concluded we don't want to pursue it at this time:
https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/tls-sni-via-caa/50172. The TXT record would
probably work more widely than CAA, but it would still be encouraging further
integration with TLS-SNI-01, when we really want to encourage migration away
from it. Right now it's our feeling that the account and renewal whitelisting
should mitigate most of the pain of migrating away, but experience and feedback
from subscribers will help inform that over time.