In the past, new policy versions have not had a clearly defined future
effective date. That seems to have led some CAs to interpret the timing for
making changes to be "whenever we get around to it" instead of the intent
of "the policy is effective immediately and we expect you to comply with it
as soon as possible". Given this abuse, I'd prefer to put a date on each
new version of the policy by which CAs are expected to comply with it. This
date would be 2-3 months after the policy was announced, but would also
allow specific carve-outs for changes that take longer.

- Wayne