To the best of my knowledge, the only "standard" sanction we have today is
complete distrust of a root or intermediate, and in practice that rarely
happens. On the surface, the idea of lesser sanctions like removing the EV
indicator for some period of time is appealing to me, but I think we need
to take a step back and discuss whether or not this is really a good idea.
Would Mozilla be better off in the long run having lesser sanctions readily
at our disposal?

First off, I question if we would really use lesser sanctions more often. I
think we would still want to coordinate their implementation with other
user agents, and that is a tedious process.

Second, what might be the unintended consequences? For example, would CAs
shift their focus from maintaining trust to avoiding sanctions?

- Wayne