> On Feb 27, 2018, at 16:47, Wayne Thayer via dev-security-policy
> <dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Jonathan Rudenberg <jonat...@titanous.com>
> wrote:

>> with
>>>
>>> Given the misissued certificates in CT under the existing root, I
>> believe this request should be rejected, and a new clean root with audits
>> should be required before moving forward.
>>>

> This course of action doesn't seem consistent with our treatment of the
> many included CAs that have experienced these problems.

Given that revocation checking doesn’t work, and CT doesn’t provide a complete
picture, especially without browser enforcement, accepting this root would have
the result of exposing Mozilla's users to certificates that are known to be
misissued.

I realize that some inclusion requests have been accepted in the past despite
existing misissued certificates, but I don’t think that is sufficient
justification for continuing to do so. Why shouldn’t we require CAs to cut a
new root when the data indicates that accepting the existing root will put
users at risk?

Jonathan