Hi everyone,

I tried to dive into the best certificate structure and there are two things
that bother me:

In both the CA\B F BR and the EV guidelines it clearly states that the
SubjectCN is deprecated, so I learn from that that the best subscriber
certificate structure would simply not include this field
I did a small survey and I couldn’t find not even one certificate without the
SubjectCN - so my question is:
should we issue certificates without this field? why doesn’t any other CA has
removed this field?

In addition - the CertificatePolicies extension:
It says in the BR and the EV guidelines that this extension MUST appear at a
subscriber certificate
yet I failed to find this extension in any EV certificate I checked...

am I missing something? I would appreciate your input on those matters.

Thanks

Yair