On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 4:57 PM, Wayne Thayer <wtha...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 8:57 AM, Ryan Sleevi <r...@sleevi.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm not fully sure I understand the proposal here.
>>
>> I would think that, for all roots created since 2012, the expectation
>>
> is that there is an unbroken series of audits, going from a Point in Time
>> audit (of the policies and infrastructure) to a Root Key Generation
>> Ceremony attestation (under the policies and practices) to a Period of Time
>> audit, with the issuance of any supporting infrastructure appearing between
>> the RKGC and the PoT and covered by the PoT audit.
>>
>> This expectation apparently isn't clear given the numerous inclusion
> requests - for roots created before and after 2012 - we're seen that are
> lacking historic audits - Japan GPKI and ComSign for instance.
>
> I wasn't thinking about requiring the RKGC audit report as part of our
> inclusion process, but we probably should (assuming those reports aren't
> confidential).

I'm not sure the extent for an equivalent under ETSI, but under the
WebTrust side, practitioner guidance and illustrative reports have been
provided at
http://www.webtrust.org/practitioner-qualifications/item64422.aspx

Under the US Reporting - SSAE 18 guidance [1], an illustrative report
conforming to AT-C205 is provided on page 61.
Under the Canada Reporting - CSAE 3000 - 3001 [2], an illustrative report
as an independent assurance attestation engagement is provided on Page 85
Under the International Reporting - ISAE 3000 [3], an illustrative report
conforming to ISAE 3000 is provided on page 68.

My understanding is that these reports, and the international standards
they adhere to, are designed for public reporting.

[1] http://www.webtrust.org/practitioner-qualifications/docs/item85115.pdf
[2] http://www.webtrust.org/practitioner-qualifications/docs/item85114.pdf
[3] http://www.webtrust.org/practitioner-qualifications/docs/item85204.pdf