18 months is not significantly different from 825 days.   So there's really
no benefit.

People have to stop wanting to constantly change the max validity period.
It's difficult enough to communicate these changes to consumers and
customers, and it really drives them nuts.  I can only imagine what a
non-integral number of years will do to various company's planning
and budgeting processes.

I would propose, instead, a minimum one year moratorium on proposals
to change the max validity period after the previous change to the max
validity period goes into effect.  That would make much more sense.

-Tim

BRs will