I'm not sure why it can't be evidence of both.

Is it an offense by GoDaddy for which there should be repercussions from
the root programs towards GoDaddy?  No.

You're correct that it illustrates that EV has an enormous value gap in its
current form.  My own opinion is that I would rather see that fixed than no
mechanism remain for tying websites to the physical world.

I do not believe it is impossible to fix.