From: Ryan Sleevi <r...@sleevi.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 7:15 AM
To: Tim Hollebeek <tim.holleb...@digicert.com>
Cc: Alex Cohn <a...@alexcohn.com>; ha...@hboeck.de;
mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org; ssl_ab...@comodoca.com;
summern1...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: localhost.megasyncloopback.mega.nz private key in client

Unfortunately, that's not correct. The CA/Browser Forum has passed no such
resolution, as can be seen at https://cabforum.org/ballots/ .

I believe you're confusing this with the discussion from
https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/issues/98, which highlighted that the BRs
4.9.3 requires clear instructions for reporting key compromise. That language
has existed since the BRs 1.3.0 (the conversion to 3647 format).

Alternatively, you may be confusing this discussion with
https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Communications#November_2017_CA_Communication ,
which required CAs to provide a tested email address for a Problem Reporting
Mechanism. However, as captured in Issue 98, this did not result in a normative
change to the CP/CPS.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 10:22 PM, Tim Hollebeek via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org
<mailto:dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> > wrote:

IIRC we recently passed a CABF ballot that the CPS must contain instructions
for submitting problem reports in a specific section of its CPS, in an attempt
to solve problems like this.  This winter or early spring, if my memory is
correct.

-Tim