On Thu, 16 Aug 2018, Matthew Hardeman via dev-security-policy wrote:

1.  Run one or more root CAs

Why would people not in the business of being a CA do a better job than
those currently in the CA business?

I recognize it's a radical departure from what is.  I'm interested in
understanding if anything proposed here is impossible.  If what's proposed here
CAN happen, AND IF we are confident that valid certificates for a domain label
should unambiguously align to domain control, isn't this the ultimate solution?

If you want a radical change that makes it simpler, start doing TLSA in
DNSSEC and skip the middle man that issues certs based on DNS records.

Paul