Matthew Hardeman via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> writes:

>That's very interesting.  I would be curious to know the timing of this.  Was
>this before or after massive deployment of DNSSEC by the registries?

Some time before.  To the best of my knowledge DNSSEC considerations had
nothing to do with this either way, it just seemed a commonsense way to get
sites issued with certs without doing the same validation and whatnot twice
over.  Having the registry you buy your domain name from also be the one that
issues the cert saying you own the domain name seems like a complete no-
brainer.

Peter.