Hi Richard,

A few corrections:

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 11:36 AM Richard Wang via dev-security-policy <

> Ryan mentioned WoSign/StartCom and 360, so I like to say some words.
>
> First, I think your idea is not a proper metaphor because 360 browser
> can't compare to Google browser, Google browser have absolutely strong
> market share to say YES/NO to all CAs, but I am sure not to Google CA.

That wasn't the comparison. I was more highlighting how you actively
mislead (lied?) to the community about the relationship between the
entities, by trying to argue as separate entities. While Google Trust
Services is a separate legal entity, which is about ensuring there is a
firewall between these organizations, my concern about bringing it up was
because of how you actively mislead the community.

> Third, your comparison of Apple and Microsoft is also not correct, they
> use its own CA system for their own system use only, not for public, not to
> be a global public CA like Google.

I'm afraid this also misunderstands things. Microsoft does issue
certificates for end-users using its services (like Google). To the point
of the discussion, however, it was about the assumption and implication
that you cannot distrust an entity that operates a large web presence and
also a CA, or that browsers would play special favors to the CAs of their
properties, whether in-house or external. Both of these apply to all
browsers - arguably, even Mozilla (which uses certs from DigiCert as well,
either through the Amazon-branded sub-CA that DigiCert operates or directly
through DigiCert)

> Ryan, thank you for still remembering WoSign.

I think it will be very hard for the community to ever forget
https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:WoSign_Issues