On 10/01/2019 15:38, Jason wrote:
I would say that the problem here would be that a child certificate can't use a
higher cryptography level than the issuer, this is agains good practices and,
AFAIK, agains the Webtrust audit criteria.
Jason

Note that the only one of all these certificates that I checked closely
was issued from a SubCA with an RSA key.  Direct strength comparison
etween RSA and EC keys is somewhat difficult and depends on
predictions of future key breaking technology, so for some people, the
CA key was stronger than that particular P-521 EC key.  (Not that this
is a requirement, see other replies).

Enjoy

Jakob