Hi,

Today we've bought a wildcard certificate [0] for our cofano.io domain
from Sectigo (previously ComodoCA) via a reseller. Our CAA policy
describes that only "comodoca.com" can issue wildcards. The
certificate has been issued and signed by Sectigo's 'new' intermediate
and root [1] [2].

My question is the following: Was Sectigo allowed to sign the
certificate using their Sectigo (not ComodoCA) keys, while my CAA
record specifies 'issuewild "comodoca.com"'? I.E. How should a CA name
change be reflected in ( CAA ) conformance? Especially since the
Sectigo CPS [3] still only specifies Comodo as their issuer name,
which conflicts with the CN/O of the signing certificate [1].

Thanks in advance,

Matthias van de Meent

PS. If this is not the correct location for such questions, then
please advise on where to ask instead. My basic knowledge is just that
- basic - and only got me so far. I have searched the archives of this
mailing list for 'CA name change' and 'Sectigo', which both resulted
in no relevant results for this question.

[0] https://crt.sh/?id=1169278151
[1] https://crt.sh/?caid=105493
[2] https://crt.sh/?caid=1167
[3] https://sectigo.com/legal