El martes, 5 de febrero de 2019, 17:03:50 (UTC+1), Ryan Sleevi  escribió:

> Note that the topic of whether or not subscriber EKUs was significantly
> discussed in the past, and is why the policy is/tries to be very clear that
> it applies to anything technically capable of SSL/TLS issuance, and not
> merely leaf certificates. Considering the impact that a compromised CA can
> have - for example, being able to issue arbitrary certificates - it's
> hopefully clear why this is a necessary condition. Further, given that
> subordinate certificates need to comply with the parent CA's policies, it
> naturally results in what I described; where if you want divergent
> policies, you need to separate out the hierarchies meaningfully and
> technically.

Thanks, Ryan, for the clarification. I don't have clear view on all the past
discussions, but I presumed this is not a new topic.

I mostly agree with you, but I think that there are other mechanisms than
separating policies at a Root level (e.g. using intermediate Policy CAs, or
just Policy Qualifiers)... Specially for practices like the suspension, which
are easily controlled from different angles.

Nevertheless, as I said, best thing is to have clear and written rules.

Kind regards.