On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 4:09:32 PM UTC-8, Joanna Fox wrote:
> I agree on the surface this bug appears to be the same, but the root cause is
> a different. The issue for bug 1462844 was a specific status not counting as
> active when it was. To mitigate this issue, we updated the query to include
> the missing status. However, we are in the process of simplifying the data
> structures to simplify these types of queries.
>
> For the underscore certificates, these were non-active, not even considered
> as provisioned since they were not delivered to a customer and not publicly
> used for any encryption. These certificates were effectively abandoned by our
> system.

Is the term "certificate" accurate in this case? Assuming you embed SCTs within
the EE cert, what you have is technically a pre-cert that was abandoned (not
meant to be submitted to CT). Right? I ask because both the cert you linked are
pre-certs, and I understand signing a pre-cert is intent to issue and is
treated the same way, but still wanted to clarify.

Or by non-active certificate, are you actually referring to a fully signed EE
that was just not delivered to the customer?

Thanks,
Santhan