-----Original Message-----
From: dev-security-policy <dev-security-policy-boun...@lists.mozilla.org> On
Behalf Of Buschart, Rufus via dev-security-policy
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 1:08 PM
To: mozilla-dev-security-policy
<mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org>
Subject: AW: DarkMatter Concerns

> Von: dev-security-policy
> <dev-security-policy-boun...@lists.mozilla.org> Im Auftrag von Matthew
Hardeman via dev-security-policy On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 12:15 PM Richard
Salz <rich.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You miss the point of my question.
> >
> > What types of certs would they issue that would NOT expect to be
> > trusted by the public?
> I get the question in principle.  If it is a certificate not intended
> for public trust, I suppose I wonder whether or not it's truly in scope
for policy / browser inclusion / etc discussions?

If the certificate is part of a hierarchy that chains up to a root under
Mozillas Root Program there should be no question about this - yes it is in
scope.

With best regards,
Rufus Buschart

Siemens AG
Information Technology
Human Resources
PKI / Trustcenter
GS IT HR 7 4
Hugo-Junkers-Str. 9
90411 Nuernberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 1522 2894134
mailto:rufus.busch...@siemens.com
www.twitter.com/siemens

www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Jim Hagemann
Snabe; Managing Board: Joe Kaeser, Chairman, President and Chief Executive
Officer; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich, Janina Kugel, Cedrik
Neike, Michael Sen, Ralf P. Thomas; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich,
Germany; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich,
HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322