Okay that seems like an issue as to me that says that this could have happened to any domain and not just in-addr.arpa?

- Cynthia

On 2019-02-27 01:55, Jeremy Rowley via dev-security-policy wrote:
 From our side, a validation agent weirdly scoped the domain, saying that the
domain was approved using an email to ad...@in-addr.arpa. However, the email
clearly went to ad...@5.168.110.79.in-addr.arpa. We're looking to see 1) how
did the validation staff override the domain approval scope and 2) did anyone
in validation ever do this before. Once we complete that search, we'll be able
to file a bug report and give you more information on what exactly went wrong.

.arpa is in IANA's root zone per https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db.

Jeremy