On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 6:13 PM Ryan Sleevi <r...@sleevi.com> wrote:

> It is not clear how this follows. As my previous messages tried to
> capture, the program is, and has always been, inherently subjective and
> precisely designed to support discretionary decisions. These do not seem to
> inherently conflict with or contradict transparency.
>
> Even setting aside the examples of inclusions - ones which were designed
> to be based on a communal evaluation of risks and benefits - one can look
> at the fact that every violation of the program rules and guidelines has
> not resulted in CAs being immediately removed. Every aspect of the program,
> including the audits, is discretionary in nature.
>
> It would be useful to understand where and how you see the conflict,
> though.

I think my disconnect arises in as far as that for the period of time in
which I've tracked the program and this group, I can not recall use of
subjective discretion to deny admission to the program.  Any use of a
subjective basis as the lead cause for not including Dark Matter would, to
my admittedly limited time-window of observation in this area, be new
territory.