Benjamin Gabriel | General Counsel & SVP Legal
Tel: +971 2 417 1417 | Mob: +971 55 260 7410
benjamin.gabr...@darkmatter.ae

The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the
person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

On 2/24/19 11:08 AM, Nex wrote:

> The New York Times just published another investigative report that
> mentions DarkMatter at length, with additional testimonies going on
> the
> record:

Dear Nex,

The New York Times article that you reference does not add anything new to the
misleading allegations previously published in the Reuters article.  It simply
repeats ad-nauseum a false, and categorically denied, narrative about
DarkMatter, under the guise of an investigative reporting on the alleged
surveillance practices of governmental authorities of foreign countries.

DarkMatter is strictly a commercial company which exists to provide
cyber-security and digital transformation services to our customers in the
United Arab Emirates, and the larger GCC and MENA regions.

We have already noted that these misleading allegations about DarkMatter were
originally planted by defamatory and false sources - in two (2) articles
published on the internet - and are now repeatedly recycled by irresponsible
journalists looking for a sensationalist angle on socio-political regional
issues.  And we have consistently, and categorically, denied and refuted all of
the allegations about DarkMatter, including on this forum. [1][2]

The fact that New York Times has chosen to recycle these refuted false
narratives about DarkMatter, without reaching out to inquire on the real
DarkMatter story, is unfortunate.  At times like this - it is important to note
that not all news reporting is based on factual or true events, and is
sometimes based on undisclosed bias or in some instances on outright fraudulent
reporting.[3][4][5][6][7][8]

We continue to push for responsible journalism that is based on truth and
verifiable facts.

Regards,
Benjamin Gabriel
General Counsel, DarkMatter Group