Pasting in the wrong certificate from an installed certificate chain or
semi-related support page doesn't seem an unlikely user error with that
design.

On 12/04/2019 18:56, Jeremy Rowley wrote:
I don't mind filling in details.

We have a system that permits creation of certificates without a CSR that works
by extracting the key from an existing cert, validating the domain/org
information, and creating a new certificate based on the contents of the old
certificate. The system was supposed to do a handshake with a server hosting
the existing certificate as a form of checking control over the private key,
but that was never implemented, slated for a phase 2 that never came. We've
since disabled that system, although we didn't file any incident report (for
the reasons discussed so far).

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-security-policy <dev-security-policy-boun...@lists.mozilla.org> On
Behalf Of Wayne Thayer via dev-security-policy
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2019 10:39 AM
To: Jakob Bohm <jb-mozi...@wisemo.com>
Cc: mozilla-dev-security-policy <mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org>
Subject: Re: Arabtec Holding public key? [Weird Digicert issued cert]

It's not clear that there is anything for DigiCert to respond to. Are we
asserting that the existence of this Arabtec certificate is proof that DigiCert
violated section 3.2.1 of their CPS?

- Wayne

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 6:57 PM Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy <