Google Trust Services (GTS) reached out to Wayne directly, but I'm also posting
here as the conversation seems to be rapidly converging on solutions. GTS still
has reservations that the proposed solutions may be problematic to implement
and may leave a number of CAs and one very common CA vendor in a bind to get
from their current state to whatever the final state is cleanly. While
Mozilla's requirements and recommendations are not strictly binding, they carry
a great deal of weight and could lead to rapid implementation of a sub-standard
solution.

Google Trust Services would like to see the current precertificate
'requirements' moved to the 'recommendations' section with a note explaining
that once the formal details are worked out via bylaw changes (preferably) or
further discussion on m.d.s.p (if bylaw changes are deemed too slow), they will
become requirements.

Sorry to post late in the process like this. Unfortunately, as a globally
distributed team within a much larger company, Google Trust Services team
cannot always move and post as quickly as we'd like. We will follow-up early
next week with more details about our concerns, but there are a number of
complex interactions and subtly conflicting requirements that seem best served
by taking the time to ensure the final state is settled on in haste. It would
be great to achieve consistency sooner than later, so a time bounded window to
get there seems best to balance convergence versus a rush to decisions that may
adversely affect the ecosystem or be a challenge to live with for years.

--
Andy Warner
Google Trust Services