Having received no comments, I did not add the proposed guidance on status
update frequency, but I did make the "marked as resolved" change that
Jeremy suggested:
https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/commit/bad3fedc10e1fe9d5237760093ad235326e3bd62

An additional related change has been proposed in issue #193 [1]: require
incident disclosure transitively for all sub-CAs. In the issue, it was
pointed out that  the expectations for incident reporting by subordinate
CAs might not be clear, and a number of options were presented. I proposed
that the most important point to make in policy is that Mozilla holds the
program member (i.e. root CA) accountable.

Ryan suggested the following addition to the list of requirements in
section 2.1 to clarify this requirement:

The CA whose certificates are included in Mozilla's root program MUST
ensure that all certificates within the scope of this policy, as described
in Section 1.1, adhere to this policy.

I have added this proposal to the 2.7 branch:
https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/commit/fa843039285b10030490c7eb54d1b754edae1fbc

I will greatly appreciate everyone's feedback on these changes.

- Wayne

[1] https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/issues/193