Thank you for sharing this Clint.

I'd like to ask for input from the community: is this a requirement that we
should add to the Mozilla policy at this time (effective September 1, 2020)?

You may recall that a 398-day maximum validity for TLS certificates was
proposed to the CA/Browser Forum by Google last year. Mozilla voted in
favor, but ballot SC22 failed due to a lack of support from CAs. [1] Many
of the arguments for and against this change can be found in the emails
sent by CA/Browser Forum members during the discussion [2] and when casting
their votes.[3]

- Wayne

[1] https://cabforum.org/pipermail/servercert-wg/2019-September/001080.html
[2] https://cabforum.org/pipermail/servercert-wg/2019-August/
[3] https://cabforum.org/pipermail/servercert-wg/2019-September/

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 12:55 PM Clint Wilson via dev-security-policy <