Matthias

Von: Ryan Sleevi <r...@sleevi.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 11. März 2020 19:18

Matthias,

I took a lot of care to address precisely that concern, so I hope that message
was not directed in response to me. If it was, then I think it highlights a
fundamental misunderstanding of the concern.

I think everything you said is consistent with the response I offered. I am
would be far more deeply concerned with the auditor if they did not list such
non-conformities, and took great care to try to highlight that the risk of
penalizing based on number of non-conformities listed would simply encourage
CAs to work with their auditors to hide things. However, the response a CA
takes to address those non-conformities /is/ a critical evaluation of trust.

Your response, while appreciated, runs the risk of suggesting we can't make a
decision to not trust a CA without evidence of non-conformities, but if there
is evidence of non-conformities, we shouldn't use that as evidence in a
decision to not trust a CA. That's not really sustainable, nor is it in line
with the purpose and goal of audits themselves, at least as practiced by
Mozilla since the first version of the root policy.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 11:45 AM Wiedenhorst, Matthias via dev-security-policy