Thank you for making this announcement Arnold. This change of legal
ownership is covered by section 8.1 of the Mozilla Root Store Policy,
including the following statement:

If the receiving or acquiring company is new to the Mozilla root program,
> it must demonstrate compliance with the entirety of this policy and there
> MUST be a public discussion regarding their admittance to the root program,
> which Mozilla must resolve with a positive conclusion in order for the
> affected certificate(s) to remain in the root program.

Technically I believe the statement above applies to this situation, so I
would like to formally begin the discussion period for this change in legal
ownership of the T-Systems CA by requesting additional thoughtful and
constructive feedback from the community. I will plan to keep the
discussion period open for a minimum of 3 weeks.

T-Systems has already indicated that no changes to their CP/CPS are planned
aside from the company name.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 7:18 AM Pedro Fuentes via dev-security-policy <

> Thanks, Arnold.
>
> Our change was more complex, so we had to go to a more cumbersome process,
> including audits of the ownership receiving party.
>
> What I guess it's required now is an explicit confirmation from Mozilla to
> say if such a direct transfer to an entity not member of the program is
> compliant with section 8.1 of the policy.

I believe that the plan described by T-Systems is compliant with Mozilla
policy.

- Wayne