Hi,

On Mon, 11 May 2020 10:53:26 +0200
Hanno Böck via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:

> I did some checks on certificates and their AIA sections and noticed
> that several Microsoft certificates were referencing intermediate
> certificates in the "CA Issuer" field that give a 403 error.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/pki/mscorp/Microsoft%20IT%20TLS%20CA%201.crt
> http://www.microsoft.com/pki/mscorp/Microsoft%20IT%20TLS%20CA%202.crt
> http://www.microsoft.com/pki/mscorp/Microsoft%20IT%20TLS%20CA%204.crt
> http://www.microsoft.com/pki/mscorp/Microsoft%20IT%20TLS%20CA%205.crt

So there's a somewhat unexpected update here:

After communicating with Microsoft it turns out this is due to user
agent blocking, the URLs can be accessed, but not with a wget user
agent.
Microsoft informed me that "the wget agent is explicitly being blocked
as a bot defense measure."

I leave it up to the community to discuss whether this is acceptable. I
stronly feel it's not and I feel that this is public information that
should be accessible without any hurdles, and there's no need to have
any "bot defense" on a static file that should be public information.

--
Hanno Böck
https://hboeck.de/