All,

It recently came to my attention that I need to be more diligent in verifying auditor qualifications. Therefore, we have added a field in the CCADB called “Date Qualifications Verified” (on Auditor Location objects), which will be used to remind root store operators to check each auditor’s qualifications every year. This field can only be edited by a root store operator, and we will enter this date whenever we confirm that the auditor is still qualified to perform ETSI or WebTrust audits.

Some of you may notice that your Audit Case or Root Inclusion Case has the message: “Auditor Verification Date is blank”. This warning message is intended to remind root store operators that we need to verify the auditor's qualifications. In the future you may also notice a warning message when the date in that field is over a year old, reminding us root store operators to re-verify the auditor's qualifications.

I will greatly appreciate your input on the following new wiki page section, especially in regards to verifying auditor qualifications.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Audit_Statements#Auditor_Qualifications

Thanks,
Kathleen