Hopefully I'm reporting this OK, it is my first issue that I idly noticed.

Have a look at this search:

https://censys.io/certificates?q=parsed.subject.province%3A+Surrey+and+parsed.subject.locality%3A+Richmond

Richmond in the UK has not been part of Surrey from an administrative point of
view since 1965. It is now part of Greater London.

The reason this is still commonly used is that Surrey was part of the postal
address for Richmond since about 2000. However, this is also obsolete now.

Although my understanding is that it is not part of the official address, it is
still a widely quoted form of the address. If certificates are based on postal,
rather than administrative, locations then perhaps this could be considered
marginally OK. I would argue not as certificates should be based on hard facts
rather than colloquialisms.

As a reference for the above, see https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10825499

Note that this search is just one of many examples of this issue, a full search
of the would be a much bigger project.