> If I understand correctly, you’re pointing out that unless there’s an
> explicit mandate, the lifecycle is done, while I’m trying to highlight that
> without an explicit dispensation, the lifecycle isn’t done.

> I suppose this is a variation of “default allow” vs “default deny”, or half
> empty/half full: we may disagree based on perspective, even when looking at
> the same thing.

I am unaware of any stated obligation for CAs to update revocation metadata (in
particular, reasonCodes) after initial publication of the revocation. So, I’m
struggling to see how it can be argued this is currently a requirement unless
one subscribes to a “default MUST” reading of requirements, where all possible
requirements are in force unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Thanks,

Corey