Mike Beltzner wrote:
> I should learn to try things out before I ask silly questions. Changing
> my setup so that Thunderbird uses SSL seems to have resolved the issue.
> That said, it seems odd that *this* group needs SSL but others do not.

This group here works totally fine for me with SSL disabled (i did not
even know news.mozilla.org supports SSL :). Maybe Thunderbird was
confused about the total read count, you would need to check the
news.mozilla.org.rc file iirc (there should be a line like
"mozilla.dev.security 1-250" which means all posts from 1 to 250 have
been marked as read).

Frank