Thanks for checking this out so it could get fixed.  Always some risk
involved in sticking my neck out and saying, "Hey, this isn't working."
Now seems to work fine except that this group seems to top-post whereas
the previous security group bottom-posted.    Doug Ludy

Mike Beltzner wrote:
I should learn to try things out before I ask silly questions. Changing my setup so that Thunderbird uses SSL seems to have resolved the issue. That said, it seems odd that *this* group needs SSL but others do not.

Mike Beltzner wrote:
I've been seeing this as well. Dave? Any suggestions? Does this group
require SSL or something?

cheers,
mike